Rivett Construction has been awarded the joint contracts for the refurbishment of the existing Food & Textile teaching areas for both Lynwood and Lakelands SHS. This project involves the refurbishment of the existing Food & Textile teaching areas, preparation and staff to a semi-commercial standard to meet the current needs of education in these subjects.
Department of Education
Refurbishment of food and textile areas
6 weeks (schedule 9 weeks)
Key challenges for this project were:
- Complete demolition and strip-out, including Asbestos Removal.
- Commercial grade cabinetwork and stainless steel fitout.
- Building within an operational school environment;
- After-hours shutdown and changeovers to ensure continued amenity for the client;
- Limit site access;
- Tight Construction programme requiring after-hours shutdowns.